Finding a Netflix-like service licensed for commercial use is a challenge that a lot of business owners face. All too often business owners will set up Netflix on their business TV without realizing, or in some cases not caring, that doing so is in violation of Netflix’s Terms & Conditions. The actual cost of licensing a movie or TV show can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars – which is far more than most businesses are able to set aside for their TV budget.
Netflix isn’t licensed for commercial use; so can you show Netflix in public? The short answer is no.
The Draw of Netflix-Like Services
The variety of movies and TV shows available on Netflix, mixed with welcoming atmosphere it generates, simply can’t be beat. So much so that people will break the law in order to play popular movies on their TV and hope no one finds out – it isn’t worth putting your business at risk. Legality aside, it’s not hard to see why a service like Netflix is something business owners gravitate towards. Below is a short list of luxuries people look for in Netflix-like streaming services:
1. Content: Popular movies and TV shows that people recognize or watch at home are familiar, help pass the time when waiting, and reduce anxiety in cases like medical offices. Having thousands of videos to pick from beats putting your own library of content together.
2. Pricing: Not counting Netflix’s rate of $10/month, which is a literal steal and not a rate that includes commercial use, a lot of streaming services and TV display packages are less expensive than the cost of cable – saving business owners money in the long run.
3. Investment: The idea, or hope, of getting a worthwhile return from something that costs money is a sound sentiment. Whether it’s more revenue, more business, or even positive reviews – getting a lot without spending a lot is always nice. Who doesn’t appreciate a good investment?
Movies & Long-Form TV Shows Aren’t the Best for Businesses
Netflix-like streaming services may seem like the ideal thing to throw on a TV, but there’s one fact to consider. By and large, cable, and other TV packages, are designed with a home setting in mind. The shows may be familiar to visitors but people aren’t at a business or office to watch 30+ minutes of a TV show.
It’s Relevant TV is Netflix For Business
It’s Relevant TV is a platform with a lot of advantages. The service, designed with customer retention in mind, gives users control and comes with all the features business owners look for in a TV solution, and more:
1. Content: It’s Relevant TV’s content comes from a library of over half a million videos spread across 40 categories. All of that content is short-form, family-friendly, and changes often giving you more opportunities to engage your visitors.
2. Pricing: It’s Relevant TV is less expensive than what most businesses are already paying for cable or TV displays.
3. Investment: It’s Relevant TV isn’t an expense. Clients that use It’s Relevant end up bringing in more monthly revenue from increased business. The following link leads to an ROI Calculator that shows how much more revenue It’s Relevant TV can help bring in per month: IRTV ROI Calculator.
4. Social Media Followership: It’s Relevant TV is able to link directly with a business’s social media accounts. Recent posts from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram can be pulled onto the TV for people to see. Sharing the most recent posts gives visitors more reasons to follow, and encourages them to get more engaged the your brand.
5. Digital Messaging & Informing Visitors: It’s Relevant TV is designed to get visitors informed services they might not have been aware of – educating them on reasons to come back more, and spend more. It’s Relevant features free adspace on the side for business owners to utilize, allowing them to get their messages across while people are engaged with our content.
It’s Relevant combines the TV shows people enjoy watching, but allows for more control and more promotion. Visit: www.itsrelevant.com for more information.