Putting your own custom videos on the TV is a great way to improve your business. If you read the article: Top 3 Ways to Put Custom Videos on Your TV, then you understand the reasons why It’s Relevant TV has become the go-to for businesses looking for ways to put their own videos on TV.
If you haven’t seen it, keep reading. This article will talk about pros and cons of putting your own custom videos on your screen, and how you can make the most out of them, and your TV.
The Pros of Having Your Own Custom Videos
1. You Have Control: When you’re running your own content on your TV, you’re in control of what comes on. Whether it’s videos or a slideshow of pictures, visitors aren’t going to see anything except what you want them to see. When you decide what’s on, you also choose what’s off. You can keep repetitive news reports, fires, stabbings, explicit language or adult situations off of your TV.
2. It’s Your Brand: Videos that you produce, or videos that you pay to have produced, belong to you. It’s your brand, it’s your image, and it’s whatever message you want to get across to people visiting your business. Custom videos are also a great way to feature spotlights on staff, or experts in your field with relevant things to share. When it comes from you, you are the authority.
3. It’s Unique: By putting together your own custom content, you’re making something unique for your business’ visitors to experience. The right video and personal message can make all the difference when it comes to first impressions, a memorable experience, and how well you compare to competitors.
The Cons of Having Your Own Custom Videos
1. Shallow Library of Content: Custom videos are only really effective when you have enough of them. People get tired, or even annoyoed, when they see the same videos looping again and again. Having too few videos makes for a bad visitor experience, and can lead to a bad impression of your business/brand overall.
2. Boring / Uninteresting Content: People look to TVs in businesses to help pass the time, so it helps to have things on the TV that will interest them or put them in a good mood. Having just your own custom videos might be off-putting to some people. If visitors are only seeing your messaging and brand when they look at the TV, you risk overexposure. It’s a good idea to have a balance of content you want visitors to see, and content they want to see.
3. The Cost: Ditching a monthly cable bill and replacing it with a library of personal content definitely saves you money in the long run, but unless you have a vast library of content at the ready, the cost of producing your own personal videos may require a large up-front investment.
Mix Your Own Custom Videos With It’s Relevant TV
It’s Relevant TV creates custom TV networks for businesses. It combines the best aspects of television and digital signage. IRTV delivers content that is interesting, engaging, and helps get your messaging across. Your own custom content is intermixed with a library of half a million videos – presenting visitors with your messaging in a way that makes them receptive to what you want them to see.
With It’s Relevant, there’s no cost beyond the subscription fee which is often less than the cost of cable. There’s no need to break your bank on production costs in order to build up a library of content. You can mix one or many videos with IRTV’s library of content, keeping however many videos you have fresh.
The goal with any custom content is to get people to notice your messaging so they come back more, and spend more. It’s Relevant TV offers a demo of the platform so we suggest scheduling an appointment to see if it fits your needs.